Site that can be accessed with CAB or HighWire
James Schofield
2023-04-14 01:59:30 UTC
Well, not much new going on here.. the last thread was about sites that
are not around anymore.

Does anyone know of a list of sites that can be access from the atari??
with HTML 1 - I have highwire as well so some basic CSS can be handled.

even Atari.org I cannot get on anymore.

frog find is about all - but I can still google.ca

James
Phigan
2023-04-13 15:46:10 UTC
JS> Does anyone know of a list of sites that can be access from the atari??
JS> with HTML 1 - I have highwire as well so some basic CSS can be handled.

I browse with Links in Ice-T pretty often. Sometimes I use frogfind as a
proxy, sometimes I use my own instance of MacProxy, and sometimes just
the regular website works. I mean, it is a pain in the ass a little bit,
but I can usually find the information that I'm looking for. It's usually
just information or a file. What kind of sites are you hoping to find?
Francois LE COAT
2023-04-14 17:45:03 UTC
Post by James Schofield
Well, not much new going on here.. the last thread was about sites that
are not around anymore.
Does anyone know of a list of sites that can be access from the atari??
with HTML 1 - I have highwire as well so some basic CSS can be handled.
even Atari.org I cannot get on anymore.
frog find is about all - but I can still google.ca
James
<https://www.atari.org/> has an issue with its certificate, and
I validated a security exception.

Otherwise if you want to surf on the ATARI WEB, you can see
bookmarks that are in the <http://is.gd/atarians> page. Most of
the bookmarks are valid, because I maintain the list regularly.
Depending on your WEB browser, the ATARI Search Engine may work.

I hope it helps.

Regards,
--
François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org/
Chris Ridd
2023-04-15 09:35:22 UTC
Post by Francois LE COAT
Hi,
Post by James Schofield
Well, not much new going on here.. the last thread was about sites that
are not around anymore.
Does anyone know of a list of sites that can be access from the atari??
with HTML 1 - I have highwire as well so some basic CSS can be handled.
even Atari.org I cannot get on anymore.
frog find is about all - but I can still google.ca
James
<https://www.atari.org/> has an issue with its certificate, and
I validated a security exception.
It expired on April 4. Hopefully the site admins know?
Chris
James Schofield
2023-04-18 02:13:45 UTC
Well there have been little of no updates to the site itself. I just
liked it that there was a FULL graphic website page that I could
display on my TT and show people how the internet would have looked on
the Atari.
I wish there was someone who would write a proxy that could convert all
the modern websites and serve them in html 1 .. that would be very
cool..

James
Post by Chris Ridd
Post by Francois LE COAT
Hi,
Chris
James Schofield
2023-04-18 02:11:29 UTC
Thank you for reminding me about your site with all those links.

I did have it book marked in my ST file, but I had forgotten just what
it all had there.. a great source of info.

Thanks

James
Post by Francois LE COAT
Hi,