New Fileserver
k***@gmail.com
2015-01-24 23:08:51 UTC
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 86 18:23:57 CST
Subject: New Fileserver
There is a new file server available on BITNET. It is the ATARINET subserver
to UH-INFO at the University of Houston. To get an index of files
that can be downloaded, enter the following on a CMS machine
tell uh-info atarinet index
On a VAX, enter
send/remote uhupvm1 uh-info "atarinet index"
tell uh-info atarinet help
for help.
Enjoy
Mike Vederman
Mike,

I can't seem to access the server. Can you please verify that it is plugged in and running?
David Snowdon
2015-01-25 00:55:25 UTC
Here is something to consider: Look for the message's date.

In this case: >> Date: Sun, 14 Dec 86 18:23:57 CST

1986

That's a long time ago, when the Internet was still owned
by the US military.

David

---
Mudge
2015-01-25 18:37:08 UTC
Post by David Snowdon
Here is something to consider: Look for the message's date.
In this case: >> Date: Sun, 14 Dec 86 18:23:57 CST
1986
That's a long time ago, when the Internet was still owned
by the US military.
And "Atari" was still a real computer !
--
The Canadian Curmudgeon (in Calgary)
Remove noxious CO2 - plant many trees
d***@deadmike.com
2016-09-12 06:31:24 UTC
Post by Mudge
Post by David Snowdon
Here is something to consider: Look for the message's date.
In this case: >> Date: Sun, 14 Dec 86 18:23:57 CST
1986
That's a long time ago, when the Internet was still owned
by the US military.
And "Atari" was still a real computer !
--
The Canadian Curmudgeon (in Calgary)
Remove noxious CO2 - plant many trees
OMG! I'm replying to my own post nearly 30 years later! Those machines no longer exist. Lucky I was just looking for fun for my oldest internet post. :)

And, yes, of course, Atari is only an artifact, an aromatic essence of the Sunnyvale past now in France.