[UtD] ARAnyM miniPack
Francois LE COAT
2023-01-11 14:15:39 UTC

ARAnyM http://aranym.github.io/ is the GNU/GPL ATARI Virtual Machine
from which a minimal configuration, the *miniPack* is distributed
http://eureka.atari.org/miniPack.zip miniPack is modified with a fix
on the OpenGL option. It supports:

`Run_win` allows launching on PC with Windows
`MacAranym` allows launching on MacARM with macOS
`MacAranym JIT` allows launching on MacIntel with macOS
`run_x86.sh` allows launching on PC with x86-Linux
`run_ppc.sh` allows launching on Mac _and_ PS3 with PPC-Linux
`run_arm.sh` allows launching on Raspberry Pi with ARM-Linux

So Macintosh-PC-PlayStation3-RaspberryPi are all supported with
Windows, macOS and GNU/Linux.

This simple ARAnyM configuration is running on any machine.
Here is a video

Happy New Year.

Enjoy, it's yours =)
--
François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org/
Commodore Clifford
2023-01-12 10:20:34 UTC
Thank you! I'll check it out tomorrow!

We really appreciate all you're doing for the Atari Community.
Francois LE COAT
2023-01-14 09:10:03 UTC
Post by Commodore Clifford
Thank you! I'll check it out tomorrow!
We really appreciate all you're doing for the Atari Community.
You're welcome. Please report your experience with ARAnyM.

Regards,
http://eureka.atari.org/
Bikerbob
2023-01-14 23:54:26 UTC
Well hello back Fran~ois - not sure how to type that letter.

Love keeping these usenet groups alive. I will be doing it again from my
real hardware soon. Having some connection issues at the moment.

Bikerbob
Commodore Clifford
2023-01-15 10:32:48 UTC
On 15 Jan 23 12:54:26 Bikerbob wrote...

BB> Well hello back Fran~ois - not sure how to type that letter.
BB>
BB> Love keeping these usenet groups alive. I will be doing it again from
BB> my real hardware soon. Having some connection issues at the moment.

To which Commodore Clifford replies...

I think he'd forgive you if you just used a "c". ;)

But yes, I hope to add more of them soon. Some I might have to request
from my uplink, but except for the gateway bouncing back messages we
send, it's working great... so now it's a quest to add more.
Bikerbob
2023-01-18 10:45:00 UTC
On 15 Jan 23 23:32:48 Commodore Clifford wrote...

CC> On 15 Jan 23 12:54:26 Bikerbob wrote...
CC>
CC> BB> Well hello back Fran~ois - not sure how to type that letter.
CC> BB>
CC> BB> Love keeping these usenet groups alive. I will be doing it again
CC> BB> from my real hardware soon. Having some connection issues at the
CC> BB> moment.
CC>
CC> To which Commodore Clifford replies...
CC>
CC> I think he'd forgive you if you just used a "c". ;)
CC>
CC> But yes, I hope to add more of them soon. Some I might have to
CC> request from my uplink, but except for the gateway bouncing back
CC> messages we send, it's working great... so now it's a quest to add
CC> more.
CC>
CC> --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05 * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)

To which Bikerbob replies...

AHHH I see wht you mean about them bouncing Back!

Up with the USENET.. I am trying to use the ST as well, through AIOE.org

need to figure out a way to use email on the atari though. some kind of
unsecure proxy that would allow retro email - I understand the risk, and
I am good with people seeing my atari email :)

James
Commodore Clifford
2023-01-24 18:06:20 UTC
On 18 Jan 23 23:45:00 Bikerbob wrote...

BB> AHHH I see wht you mean about them bouncing Back!

To which Commodore Clifford replies...

Looks like we might have the problem solved now though. Just need to
confirm it with this message here.