Firebee
g***@atarians.com
2014-03-31 23:58:51 UTC
I'm considering buying a Firebee. Anyone reading here using one? What
are your likes/dislikes?
Mathias
2014-04-01 18:40:48 UTC
Post by g***@atarians.com
I'm considering buying a Firebee. Anyone reading here using one? What
are your likes/dislikes?
Well, I am reading here, and I use one for quite some time now. I
dislike that scrolling is slow, and that there are still compatibility
issues with some important applications like Calamus and such stuff, as
well as most audio programs. What I like is that it feels more and more
like a "everyday computer". Troll for example is the fastest possibility
for me to check all my mailboxes. As well the already working ports
pushed me to a new way of connectivity. USB-Sticks, CF-Cards, SD-Cards,
FireTOS network and all that stuff make my "Atari Usage" useful for
everyday live, compared to my Hades, which "onky" has network and
floppy. And what I like most is that many many improvements can be done
by software and configs for the FPGA. So we will see some hardware
updates by simple "firmware flashings".

But as I am involved in producing it, perhaps some "pure users" should
tell about their experiances. ;)